- Multiple-object tracking in amblyopia. Mini-symposium, Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, Orlando, Florida, May 2014.
- The effect of speed on human motion processing. Interdisciplinary Workshop on Perception and Cognition, Peter Wall Institute, UBC, May, 2014.
- New binocular approaches to amblyopia treatment. Lions Eye Summit: Gained in Translation, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Washington, Sept 2013.
- Using motion perception in the assessment and treatment of amblyopia. Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus conference, Vancouver, BC, Sept 2013.
- Quantitative measurement of interocular suppression in children with amblyopia. Canadian Amblyopia Network meeting, University of Toronto, July 2012.
- Functional MRI and DTI in atypical visual development. Child and Family Research Institute Imaging Research conference, Vancouver, April 2012.
- Amblyopia: a new approach to an old problem. Developmental Neurosciences and Child Health Research Day, Child and Family Research Institute, Vancouver, October 2011.
- Testing, testing: the science behind clinical tests of stereopsis, contrast sensitivity and visual acuity. The Canadian Orthoptic Society Workshops, Vancouver, June 2011.
- What can we tell patients about 3D TV? The Canadian Orthoptic Society Annual Meeting, Vancouver, June 2011.
- Developmental dyslexia. UBC Neuropsychiatry Grand Rounds, April 2011.
- The neural basis of motion perception deficits in amblyopia and developmental dyslexia. Vision Science Research Seminar, University of Waterloo, November 2010.
- Giaschi, D., Chapman, C., Meier, K., Narasimhan, S., Regan, D. (2015). The effect of occlusion therapy on motion perception deficits in amblyopia.Vision Research, 114, 122-134.
- Meier K, Giaschi D. (2014) The maturation of global motion perception depends on the spatial and temporal offsets of the stimulus. Vision Research 95, 61-67.
- Giaschi D, Lo R, Narasimhan S, Lyons C, Wilcox L. (2013) Sparing of coarse stereopsis in stereodeficient children with a history of amblyopia. Journal of Vision, 13(10): 17.
- Giaschi D, Narasimhan S, Solski A, Harrison E, Wilcox L. (2013) On the typical development of stereopsis: fine and coarse processing. Vision Research, 88, 65-71.
- Partanen M, Fitzpatrick K, Madler B, Edgell D, Bjornson B, Giaschi D. (2012) Cortical basis for dichotic pitch perception in developmental dyslexia. Brain and Language, 123, 104-112.
- Narasimhan S, Harrison E, Giaschi D. (2012) Quantitative measurement of interocular suppression in children with amblyopia. Vision Research, 66, 1-10.
- Narasimhan S, Giaschi D. (2012) The effect of dot speed and density on the development of global motion perception. Vision Research, 62, 102-107.
- Secen J, Culham J, Ho C, Giaschi D. (2011) Neural correlates of the multiple-object tracking deficit in amblyopia. Vision Research, 518, 2517-2527.
- Hayward J, Truong G, Partanen M, Giaschi D. (2011) Effects of speed, age and amblyopia on the perception of motion-defined form. Vision Research, 51, 2216-23.
- Ho C, Giaschi D. (2009) Low- and high-level motion perception deficits in anisometropic and strabismic amblyopia: evidence from fMRI. Vision Research, 49, 2891-901.
- Lanyon L, Giaschi D, Au Young S, Fitzpatrick K, Diao L, Bjornson B, Barton J. (2009) Combined functional MRI & diffusion tensor imaging analysis of visual motion pathways. Journal of Neuro-Ophthalmology, 29, 96-103.
- Ho C, Giaschi D. (2009) Low- and high-level first-order random-dot kinematograms: evidence from fMRI. Vision Research, 49, 1814-24.
- Boden C, Giaschi D. (2009) The role of low-spatial frequencies in lexical decision and masked priming. Brain and Cognition,69, 580-91.
- Iaria G, Lanyon L, Fox C, Giaschi D, Barton J. (2008) Navigational skills correlate with hippocampal fractional anisotropy in humans.Hippocampus, 18, 335-9.
- Wang J, Ho C, Giaschi D. (2007) Deficient motion-defined and texture-defined figure-ground segregation in amblyopic children. Journal of Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, 44,
- Ho C, Giaschi D. (2007) Stereopsis-dependent deficits in maximum motion displacement in strabismic and anisometropic amblyopia. Vision Research,47, 2778-85.
- Giaschi D, Zwicker A, Au Young S, Bjornson B. (2007) The role of cortical area V5/MT+ in speed-tuned directional anisotropies in global motion perception. Vision Research, 47,
- Boden C, Giaschi D. (2007) M-stream deficits and reading-related visual processes in developmental dyslexia. Psychological Bulletin, 133,
- Ho C, Giaschi D. (2006) Deficient maximum motion displacement in amblyopia.
Vision Research, 46, 4595-603.
- Ho C, Paul P, Asirvatham A, Cavanagh P, Cline R, Giaschi D. (2006) Abnormal spatial selection and tracking in children with amblyopia. Vision Research, 46, 3274-83.
- Zwicker A, Hoag R, Edwards V, Boden C, Giaschi D. (2006) The effects of optical blur on motion and texture perception. Optometry and Vision Science, 83, 382-90.
- Ho C, Giaschi D, Boden C, Dougherty R, Cline R, Lyons C. (2005) Deficient motion perception in the fellow eye of amblyopic children. Vision Research, 45, 1615-27.
- Edwards V, Giaschi D, Low P, Edgell D. (2005) Sensory and non-sensory influences on children’s performance of dichotic pitch perception tasks. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 117, 3157-64.
- Parrish E, Giaschi D, Boden C, Dougherty D. (2005) The maturation of form and motion perception in school age children. Vision Research, 45, 827-37.
- Chapman C, Hoag R, Giaschi D. (2004) The effect of disrupting the human
magnocellular pathway on global motion perception. Vision Research, 44,
- Visser T, Boden C, Giaschi D. (2004) Children with dyslexia: evidence for temporal processing deficits. Vision Research, 44, 2521-35.
- Tata M, Giaschi D. (2004) Warning: Attending to a mask may be hazardous to your perception. Psychonomic Bulletin & Review, 11, 262-8.
- Edwards V, Giaschi D, Dougherty R, Edgell D, Bjornson B, Lyons C, Douglas R. (2004) Psychophysical indices of temporal processing abnormalities in children with dyslexia. Developmental Neuropsychology, 25, 321-54.
- Giaschi D, Jan J, Bjornson B, Au Young S, Tata M, Good W, Lyons C, Wong P. (2003) Conscious visual abilities in a patient with early bilateral occipital damage. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology, 45, 772-81.
- Dougherty R, Cynader M, Bjornson B, Edgell D, Giaschi D. (1998) Dichotic pitch revisited: A new stimulus distinguishes normal and dyslexic auditory function. Neuroreport, 9, 3001-5.
- Meier, K., Giaschi, D., Wilcox, L.M., Seemiller, E.S., Candy, T.R. (2016). Vergence responses to fine and coarse disparities: Adult-like tuning functions at 5 years of age. Vision Sciences Society.
- Meier, K., Sum, B., Wilcox, L.M., Giaschi, D. (2016). Sparing of coarse stereopsis in stereodeficient children depends on amblyogenic factors. Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology.
- Meier, K., Sum, B., Giaschi, D. (2015). Global motion perception deficits in children with amblyopia as a function of spatial and temporal stimulus parameters. Vision Sciences Society.
- Meier, K., Tahmasebi, S., Giaschi, D. (2015). The maturation of global motion perception in school-aged children. Child Vision Research Society.
- Meier M, Qiao G, Wilcox L, Giaschi D. (2014) Coarse stereopsis reveals residual binocular function in children with strabismus. Vision Sciences Society.
- Giaschi D, Chapman C, Narasimhan S, Ho C, Lyons C, Regan D. (2013) Motion perception deficits and occlusion therapy for amblyopia. Child Vision Research Society.
- Meier K, Giaschi D. (2013) Resolving inconsistencies in human global motion
maturation. Child Vision Research Society.
- Meier K, Partanen M, Lo R, Giaschi D. (2013) Neural correlates of speed-tuned differences in global motion and motion-defined form perception. Journal of Vision 13(9):360. doi: 10.1167/13.9.360
- Wilcox L, Redwood J, Giaschi D. (2013) Does the loss of sensory fusion
demarcate fine vs coarse processing? Journal of Vision 13(9):1178. doi: 10.1167/13.9.1178
- Partanen M, Bjornson B, Edgell D, Giaschi D. (2013) Effect of difficulty on orthographic and phonological single-word reading activation in developmental dyslexia. Human Brain Mapping Conference.
- Giaschi D, Narasimhan S. (2012) Using motion perception in the treatment
of amblyopia. International Orthoptic Congress.
- Solski A, Giaschi D, Wilcox L. (2010) Perceptual grouping leads to depth
discrimination deficits in adults, not children. Journal of Vision 10(7): 367 doi:10.1167/10.7.367
- Partanen M, Edgell D, Bjornson B, Giaschi D. (2010) Cortical systems utilized for reading and temporal processing in developmental dyslexia. Cognitive Neuroscience Conference.